The NTA has announced that the NEET-2021 will be held on 1st of Aug 2021 via offline mode. An announcement regarding NEET 2021 application form date is yet to be made, and once announced, candidates can check the National Testing Agency (NTA) website — ntaneet.nic.in for information on NEET and its application process.
NEET 2021 Syllabus & Pattern
The Ministry of Education had earlier clarified that the medical entrance test, NEET, will be held as per the syllabus determined by NTA irrespective of the reduction in 2021 board exam syllabus.
“The exact pattern for NEET (UG) 2021 is yet to be announced. However, in view of the reduction of the syllabus by some boards across the country, the NEET (UG) 2021 question paper will also have options on the lines of JEE Main,” an official statement from the ministry read.
Candidates who wishe to score high in NEET-2021 first have to know about the NEET-2021 exam Parten and NTA’s evaluation procedure, i.e. Time duration of the exam, total mark of the exam, Question Segments, and evaluation procedure etc.
In NEET-2021, students are going to answer using an OMR sheet. NEET-2021 will include questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany & Zoology) syllabus of class 11th and class 12th. The examination will comprise of 720 marks in total 90 marks (Physics), 90 marks (Chemistry), 360 marks (Biology).
NEET-2021 Structure (Subject to change as per NTA’s future announcements)
|Number of questions||180|
|Total number of marks||720|
|Number of questions from each subject||Physics 45 questions Chemistry 45 questions Biology Botany 45 Questions Zoology 45 Questions|
|Marking Parten||+4 For each correct answer -1 For each wrong answer|
|Question Type||MCQ (Multiple Choice Question)|
|Mode of the examination||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Date of the exam (NEET-2021)||1st August, 2021|
In NEET-2021 exams the marking structure is as follows, for each correct answer the student will be awarded with 4 marks and for each wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted from his total score.
- For an un-attempted question, no marks will be deducted.
- Attempting every question is not mandatory for students.
- You can’t change the answer once you have submitted the answer.
- Multiple answer to the same question will be considered as wrong answer.
Tabulation/Calculation of NEET Score.
- Total NEET score= (Correct Answer*4)-Incorrect Answer*1)
- The scores are normalized to nullify the varying difficulty levels of question papers in various exam sessions.
Points to remember during exams.
- Use a ball point pen during examination and try to avoid using Gel or any other type of pen.
- Never foregate to mark the last booklet code on the OMR Sheet.
- Use the rough space in the test booklet for rough work only.
- Never change answers in the OMR sheet or erase any information printed on the OMR sheet, this will be considered a punishable offence.
Important Topics in Physics in NEET-2021
|Modern Physics||Rigid Body Dynamics||KTG & Thermodynamics|
Important topics in Chemistry for NEET-2021
|Chemical Bonding||Co-ordination Compounds|
|Carbonyl Compounds||Organic Chemistry|
Important topics in Biology for NEET-2021
|Plant Anatomy||Pollination||DNA Replication||Photosynthesis|
|PAGE Theory||Endocrine System||Excretory & Nervous System||Digestive Systems|
Plz note that it is advisable to not only depend upon the above topics but to get a thorough understanding of all topics of each subject
Language option in exam Parten
The NTA Will conduct the NEET-2021 in 11 languages across the country. Students will be able to choose their preferred language from Hindi, English, And Urdu in all the centers across India. However, if the student has chosen a vernacular language, then they will be allotted their exam centers accordingly.
|Language Chosen for NEET-2021||Examination Centers|
|English, Hindi & Urdu||All cities & states across the nation.|
|Odia||All centers in Odisha|
|Telugu||All centers in Andhra Pradesh & Telangana|
|Bengali||All centers in West Bengal|
|Tamil||All centers in Tamandu|
|Kannada||All centers in Karnataka|
|Assamese||All centers in Assam|
|Marathi||All centers in Maharashtra|
|Gujrati||All centers in Gujrat|
- Once Chosen the language can’t be changed
- Candidates opting for any other language other than English will be provided a bilingual text Booklet, in their selected language and English.
- The English version of the question paper shall be treated as final in case of any ambiguity in translation of any of the question.
- Students are free to ask their doubts to the examiner during the exam.